2016 PPIA Junior Summer Institute Application Open!
The Public Policy & International Affairs Program (PPIA) is now accepting applications for the 2016 PPIA Fellowship!
About the Fellowship
The PPIA program prepares undergraduates to be competitive candidates for top degree
programs in the fields of public policy, public administration or international affairs through participation
in a Junior Summer Institute (JSI).
JSI is an intensive, 7-week, academic program during the summer at one of these host campuses:
• The Ford School - University of Michigan
• The Goldman School - UC Berkeley
• Heinz College - Carnegie Mellon University
• Woodrow Wilson School - Princeton University
Eligible candidates are current undergrads who will be completing their B.A. between December 2016 and
August 2017. The deadline to apply is November 1, 2015.
Benefits of Participation
• Full tuition at a PPIA Junior Summer Institute.
• Eligibility to receive assistance with travel expenses.
• A stipend of up to $1,500 (funding determined by each JSI).
• University housing with a meal plan.
• Books and related course materials at your JSI.
• Minimum of a one-time $5,000 scholarship at a PPIA graduate school if admitted for a Master's
degree or select PhD programs. PPIA Fellows often receive financial offers above and beyond this
minimum from their graduate program.
• Fee waiver when applying to programs that are members of the PPIA Graduate School Consortium.
PPIA's mission is to promote the inclusion and full participation of underrepresented groups in public service and
to advance their leadership roles throughout our civic institutions serving domestic and international affairs.