Language Requirement

Robertson Hall - fountainside

WWS majors must complete at least one foreign language course beyond the current University requirement. This can be done:

  • By taking an additional course (200 or 300 level) in the language used to meet the University requirement. Either a language course or a subject matter course taught in the foreign language will count, or
  • By taking a course at least at the 102 level in a language other than the one used to fulfill the University foreign language requirement.

Courses used to meet this requirement may be taken at Princeton University or elsewhere; all courses must be taken on a graded basis.

Students who are bilingual may apply to have this requirement waived.